Last Update: March 2017
Information You Provide
You may be asked to submit personal information, such as name and email address, if you request to be contacted by a study site. If you contact us by email, we will receive your email address and any other information you choose to include in your message.
We receive personal information that you choose to provide us through the Website. We also may receive personal information about you when you provide it either to us or our third-party service providers in order that we can provide the services to you or from other websites that partner with us to provide the services (“Data Partners”). We receive personal information about you from our Data Partners only when you specifically permit them to share such information with us.
Passive Information Collection and Use
As you navigate through the Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as Internet Protocol addresses, cookies, Internet tags, and navigational data collection.
Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Site through a mobile device.
You can block or refuse to accept these cookies by following your browser’s instructions; however, if you do not accept them, you may not be able to use the Site. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Information about the cookies we use can be found in the “Cookie Information” section below. If you do not disable any cookies or other tracking technologies, we will infer your consent to their use.
IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
How We Use and Disclose Information
We use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection.
We also use information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or email alerts;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our products and services, and identifying Site usage trends.
We also disclose information collected through the Site:
- to our third-party service providers, who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email and direct mail delivery services, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services; and
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, we use and disclose information collected through the Site as we believe to be necessary or appropriate (a) as permitted by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We may also use and disclose information collected through the Site in other ways, with your consent.
We also use and disclose information we collect passively as described above, under “Passive Information Collection and Use,” and for any other purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law (for example, if we are required to treat such information as personal information). In addition, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Third-Party Sites and Services
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Using the Internet, including the Website, is completely at your own risk.
The security of your personal information is, in part, your responsibility. When you register through the Website, you should select passwords that are hard to guess, and you must keep your passwords private and confidential. You should not share your password with anyone and should not store it in an unprotected format, such as taped to your computer or saved in your email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and Access
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may opt in for:
- Receiving study-related communications from us: If you no longer want to receive study-related communications from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving them by sending an email to Contact Praxis. In your response to us, please provide your name, identify the form(s) of study-related communications that you no longer wish to receive, and include the address(es) to which it/they are sent. For example, if you no longer wish to receive study-related emails or direct mail from us, tell us that, and provide your name and email or postal address.
- Our sharing of your personal information with affiliates and third-party partners: If you would prefer that we not share your personal information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates and/or third-party partners for automated Service email messages or other emails, you may opt out of this sharing by sending an email to Contact Praxis. In your response to us, please state that we should no longer share your personal information with our affiliates and/or third-party partners for the automated email message purposes, and include your name and email address.
- For automated Service email messages or other emails that you prefer not to receive, please send an email to Contact Praxis for further assistance.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates with which we have already shared your information (i.e., as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important transactional and administrative messages. You may only opt out of receiving these messages if you cease using the Site and the services we provide on the Site.
How You Can Access, Change, or Delete Your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have provided via the Site, please send an email with your request to Contact Praxis. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
The Site is not directed to or intended to receive or keep information of individuals under the age of 18, and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Site unless the information is provided by a parent or guardian. For further information, please send an email to Contact Praxis.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide sensitive information, we will do so with your express consent.